Many enticing destinations can be reached from here:
the wide sand beaches of the Gulf of Follonica in approx.
25 min, the Gulf of Baratti in approx.. 40 min
close-by you will find:
- the medieval city of Massa Marittima with a beautiful
piazza, approx.. 10 km away
- the cities of Siena, Volterra, San Gimignano (approx.
1.5 h), Firenze (approx. 2h)
- places with Etruscan objects of interest in Populonia
(approx. 45 min)
- Roselle (approx. 40 min)
- Vetulonia (approx. 30 min)
- the islands of Elba, Giannutri, Giglio and Monte Argentario
- the hot springs in Venturina (approx. 30 min) and Saturnia
Also worthwhile are trips to the southern Tuscan cities
of Pitigliano, Sorano and Sovana. In addition, there are
many inviting towns and villages to stay in and explore.
A network of signposted bike lanes and footpaths opens the
Mediterranean countryside to the cyclist and hiker.
by azienda agricola castello della marsiliana